Technically this deviation can go in a number of categories, but I chose this one since it's more of a glamour portrait than a costume detail shot.
This is the corset I've been working on for my steampunk costume, though technically I made it historically accurate so I can wear it with historical Victorian costumes. I used the pattern from the book "Corsets: Historical Patterns and Techniques" bu Jill Saleen, using the pattern on page 71, and the flossing design from page 74. I used The Corsetmaking Revolution PDF ( [link]
) to size the pattern, which was invaluable, plus the advice of several of my DeviantArt friends! This is the 3rd corset I've made, and my first Victorian one. I used two layers of cotton coutil, and cream silk dupioni from SilkBaron.com for the outer layer. The busk, grommets, and boning all came from CorsetMaking.com. I also hand-dyed the lace to a chocolate brown color. I liked the details of the wider boning channels sewn on the outside rather than the inside, and the cording at the bust. This was a fun project, and I know I made it right because it's pretty comfortable. I have a 24.5 inch waist, and I only lace this down to 23.5 (No need to kill myself, I don't have a lot to squish down anyway)
I took this myself using a camera with a timer, in the sepia setting. Using photoshop, I did a little shadow correction on my face, and layered b&w with the sepia, and the dark gradient for that old photo look. I used the paper damage brush by =digitalarticulation
PS, Please don't use this photo for stock without my express permission. Thank you! I'm not a photographer, but if anyone wants to leave contructive criticism on either the corset or the picture, please feel free